The Shed

One of the features we were keen on when we bought this house in 2018 was the shed. We love cycling & kayaking, so we wanted somewhere to store our bikes and kayaks along with a work space for projects. Here's a look at what's going on in the shed: 

This old work bench was in the shed when we bought the place and it's a great bench with space underneath for tubs and baskets of stuff, but it was pretty rugged looking, so last week I painted the top black to make it look tidier and ensure it matches hubby's Husky rolling tool bench: 
I did two coats of a black acrylic then a clear coat of varnish. I know it'll get scuffed and marked over time but I still think it'll look heaps better than it did when I started! 
We've added a lock to the door and ordered a rolling blind for that large window so the shed contents isn't visible from outside. 
This weekend we'll assemble some metal shelving units for the back wall area and unpack all hubby's shed boxes and tubs so this area can be used! 
I'll share more when the shed set-up is complete.




Comments

Popular Posts